We want to provide information to help you apply for the benefits you deserve.
We aren’t the government, and our company is private. We provide this information in a free guide.
If you’re trying to get assistance, we want to give you information so that you can:
- Understand the requirements for you to get benefits.
- Learn about the application process.
- Seek to get the most out of your benefits.
Table of Contents:
- Want to learn about us?
- Where do we get our information?
- Are we the government?
- Is my information protected?
- Can the LIHEAP program help me pay my water bill?
- Does LIHEAP provide free comprehensive energy coverage?
- Is warming or cooling my house necessary?
- Do I apply for LIHEAP through the federal government?
- Can I receive LIHEAP benefits if I am already receiving another form of government assistance?
- Can I apply for multiple government programs simultaneously, including LIHEAP?
- Does everyone that qualifies for LIHEAP assistance get benefits?
- What can I do if my application for LIHEAP was denied?
1. Want to learn about us?
We are not affiliated with the government in any way. We are a private company that engaged writers to research the LIHEAP program and compiled a guide and the following answers to frequently asked questions. Our goal is to help you get the benefits that you need by providing useful information on the process. We are not providing legal or financial advice. If you need such advice please contact an attorney or a financial advisor.
2. Where do we get our information?
Our team of writers conducts online research about topics that are important to you. We find information that’s already online, but we put it together to make things easier for you. We do the online research. We call local offices and ask questions.
Then we take the information and give it to you in a way that’s clear and easy to understand.
3. Are we the government?
No, we are not the government. Our company is private. We find information that’s already online, but we put it together to make things easier for you. We want to give you the best help that we can.
4. Is my information protected?
5. Can the LIHEAP program help me pay my water bill?
LIHEAP benefits can only be used to help you warm or cool your home, which means that water utilities are not covered under the benefits.
6. Does LIHEAP provide free comprehensive energy coverage?
The LIHEAP program does not cover all energy bills. In fact, it will probably not pay for the full amount of your heating or cooling bills. It is designed to provide partial assistance instead.
7. Is warming or cooling my house necessary?
The purpose of the LIHEAP program is to help keep family homes warm or cool. People who are unable to keep their homes in the right temperature may risk certain medical or safety dangers, which is especially important if you live with seniors or infants.
8. Do I apply for LIHEAP through the federal government?
LIHEAP benefits are not paid out directly by the federal United States government, but by the states and other specific organizations/locals, who decide how the program is regulated in that area. This is why the federal government does not process applications, only states, counties and districts do.
9. Can I get LIHEAP benefits if I am already getting another type of government assistance?
Yes, you can. LIHEAP beneficiaries normally get food stamps, temporary cash assistance and benefits from other government programs.
10. Can I apply for multiple government programs at the same time, including LIHEAP?
Yes, you can. In fact, many states allow you to automatically qualify and receive LIHEAP benefits if you are already qualified for and getting food stamps, cash assistance or other benefits. The need to fill out a separate application will be based on your state of residence’s preferences.
11. Does everyone that qualifies for LIHEAP assistance get benefits?
They may not. It is possible that your state or location may reach a maximum capacity of LIHEAP beneficiaries. In this case, not every eligible applicant will get benefits.
12. What can I do if my application for LIHEAP was denied?
If you believe that your application should have been accepted based on your qualifications, you can submit an appeal to your local office. The appeal will reopen your case and reconsider you for benefits.